speechless

I'm friggin speechless

jjs

Ben Boyle

That's one of the show bugs that made me get into this hobby, in the

80's. One of the first MASSIVELY customized beetles I had ever seen, and still haven't seen anything to top it. I might still have the magazine where it was introduced, not sure. It was an awesome car in the day, and I was wondering what happened to it because it has not been seen in print for many years.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

So you are inspired by this hiddious... euh... thing, Jan??

....Now i'm speechless.... (12.100 times)

And the same person has a vanagon for only $100.00 and no bidders.

Or would that be an typing error?

Reply to
bug '59

You had to be there... the 80's was the golden era for lowriders and "show customs" like this.. and I was a teenager :)

Jan

bug '59 wrote:

Jan Andersson

...which proves that there is value in *everything*. :-)

Reply to
Shag

I wonder if it has heat.

that stock and they get heat from another source? Or maybe theyjust junked the heater boxes because they didn't need them?

Reply to
Shag

That's a nice looking Vanagon. It probably doesn't like being associated with the "Pink Lady". Andy

63 Camper

Busman

cool.......Yep, cool

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Ah... I knew the air--->water thing happened sometime around '83 or '84 but wasn't sure when. I saw some pretty big cooling fins in that pic so I figured it was air-cooled.

Reply to
Shag

.................It's a waterboxer and has plenty of luxurious HEAT....!!!!!!!

....they don't need no stinkin' heater boxes

Reply to
Tim Rogers

............Those fins are on the bottom of the case.

................It's a nice looking westy that was only listed yesterday and will go for at least 5k, I'm guessing.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

An '84 is probably a water-boxer, no? If so where do those ones do their heat exchanger?

Reply to
Red Bug

The 80's, eh? Reminds me it's time to clean out the fridge. I got stuff growing in there that kinda looks like that 'custom' bug.

Reply to
jjs

I'm still gagging. Yuck...

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder....

Or is that "beauty is in the hole of the behinder............"

Either way , I do not consider that particualr vehicle to be Beautiful,................however I am amazed at the clean mechanical construction that was done, hydraulically, and the body work. (that's some ugly paint though"

Speechless huh? What about the "reserve not met" status at over $12K?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I think it's ugly as sin but you can't deny the craftsmanship that was put into it. Imagine what it would look like if they painted it dark blue or something like that. I think he will probably end up getting 15k or more.....

Mac

Reply to
Mac

a lurker vw fan here..

and it get's points with me for being unapologetic and over the top...

cleanly finished and at least not rusting in a field some place...

they definitley went all the way there -

personally i prefer things a bit more understated...

but you gotta' give it up for that mass of pinkness...

jjd

Reply to
jdowling

I like the red transmission case. The rest needs to go to the junk yard.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Hard to argue with that. *cough cough cough* :-)

Reply to
Shag