Very nearly bought this..........

Would have been great, oh well, if I really wanted one there are loads out there.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

No, it would have been shagged in reality.

All the warning signs are there:

'Re-advertised due to timewaster' - ie. someone won the auction, viewed the car, saw it was a shed and told the owner to f*ck off.

'No V5, even though I've had the car since June 04'

Hmmmm, so the owner is getting rid after only a few months and the last winner walked away 'cos it was a shed.

Reply to
SteveH

In news:J2%3d.758$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net, Pete M decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

the missing footnote should read as follows ;- [1] Unless its an M5.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reply to
Pete M

I do my best ;-)

I think I've been right more often than wrong.

I'm very cynical and a salesman's nightmare when buying cars - which meant I got my last two for silly cheap prices.

Reply to
SteveH

COSOC?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Cult of the Shite Old Cars.

Was a UKRM thing I did, 'cos so many of us have nice bikes and s**te old cars.

Reply to
SteveH

You missed a 156 V6 for £100 over the other day at my local auction house. Most annoying thing was I knew the seller and he was only floggin it cos he got banned in it. He wanted £1450 for it, and it was well worth that... to get it for £600 was just taking the piss. Momo leather in it, FARSH, 71k miles, and a genuine UK car as well.

He was gutted, eBay "no reserve" techniques don't work in Tuebrook auctions... especially not on Alfas. It's where I bought my last 164 for £160..

Reply to
Pete M

To be honest, £600 wasn't taking the piss _that_ much as it's due a £400 cambelt and tensioners service within the next 1k miles.

Still, even after spending that you'd have a nice car for a grand.

Reply to
SteveH

I *really* want this:

fooking love the mk3 lines.. still looks good 30+ years later. I'm not a mechanic though and so serious dosh would likely be required to get it fixed up proper :-(

Reply to
Bigus

Oh that is fantastic, but you would need an Afro wig, flares and platforms to do it real justice

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, MeatballTurbo decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

*WANT*

mate of mine had one of those about 15 years ago, but his was a 2dr 2000GT (rare as anything).. Most excellent car that was. Those seats are impossible to find in that condition.

Nah, what you need is a 2.9 V6, a couple of tur........ No, I'm not going there.

Reply to
Pete M

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, JackH decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

But... but... the Saab doesn't embarrass Civic Type R owners :-D, and it's probably much better on fuel.

Reply to
Pete M

...and people won't think you're going to get out and ask anyone you've never met before, if they '...like dags?'.

It's a terrible vehicle, and I think you should either get rid straight away, or consider grafting on a Mk1 front end - I hear it's all the rage these days.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

In article , snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Ahhhhh, herm. Yes it does. It might not get off the line, but I'm at full boost, and holding before they've even got into the VTEC band.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

And a Scorpio 4wd system ;)