First one thing...

So, having sorted out the dud indicators I now find my battery is dying.

In the past I've bought the dead cheap tractor batteries rather than the real Land Rover thing for the Defender but I've been told that the tractor thingies are now up to £76 each!

Mind you, they are good. My last two lasted about five years each and the real Land Rover thing died in just over three years.

Anyone know a cheap source or a cheap alternative.

Honestly, you leave it standing outside in winter for three months every year and it's just a litany of troubles...

Reply to
William Black

On or around Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:38:39 -0000, "William Black" enlightened us thusly:

I generally buy tractor batteries as well, the 643 or 644 work well. 663/664 are bigger capacity but you don't really need it.

Shop around, you might get them for less than that.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Lead acid batteries have gone up by 30% in the last 18 months or so, and the price of lead is still rising......

Alex

Reply to
Alex