Flaps!! -RRC

Evening all,

Does anyone happen to know if you can buy, or even know the part number of the bracket that the rear mudflap on a RRCTdi '94 is attached to. Mine fell off yesterday and there is only a tiny bit of rusty metal that is attached to the flap. Is there a big bracket or a small one? I can't really work out what it used to look like. I think it may be different to the other side becasue of the fuel filler pipe - dunno.

Any ideas gratefully recieved. Also I would love to know why the hell people fit those side steps on Rangies. Mine either catch off-road or get my trousers dirty because they stick out too far. Off they have to come!

Dave

Reply to
edeowner

DA4013N RR Classic Wheel Arch Back Extension LH DA4013O RR Classic Wheel Arch Back Extension RH

Cunningly named to aid confusion!

They are about 10" deep, in a sort of very elongated Z shape

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Sat, 31 Dec 2005 08:24:44 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

This is, of course, the problem with al parts lists.

what you need is a parts list that has "that bent bit that holds the mudflaps on", "the bit of tin that goes under the front wheelarch", "those silly black plastic fasteners that you always lose the middle bit from"

and suchlike.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Same on mine before I sorted it all.. check the wheel arches and Sills, they will be next unless well treated.

:-(

We fitted ours so Mrs D could get in whilst pregnant. I have to admit that despite likeing the bling of them when new personally I prefer not to have them, But I am a little closer to the sky than Mrs D and the kids.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Ah superb, thanks very much. Do you have them in stock, if so, how much plus VAT and postage sent to Pembrokeshire. If you have them in stock I will give you a ring next week. I had visions of some obscure part that I would have to make out of something else.

Dave

Reply to
edeowner

Yes Lee, I know what you mean. Having been used to a Ninety or Series vehicle since I was 21 I find it very hard to compensate for the fact that the vechicle is wider, longer AND closer to the ground when off-roading, and in general use. In fact the only redeeming feature of the Rangies size is that it fits in the multi-storey car park whenever I need to go into town to go to the motor factors to replace the lastest part that has broken / fallen off/ ceased to be. I still haven't used to the range rover at all. It doesn't make me as frustrated as the 90 but then I don't get the huge amounts of fun out of it that I used to have fomr the 90 either. Good job i've just bought another!

~Same on mine before I sorted it all.. check the wheel arches and Sills, they ~will be next unless well treated.

The only rust I can see is in the boot floor. I think the previous owner used to have heavy engine components in the back that rubbed all the paint off and allowed it all to rust. There is a tiny patch on the chassis that needs attending to but it is tiny. I'm pretty sure that the sills are ok, I had a good old poke around before I bought it although I do wonder now if the side steps might cover that up??? what do u think?

Other than that I treat it as a thinking mans 110. It's the first 4 seater car I've ever owned. We had an emergency last month and had to take a spin up to Bristol. 80mph all the way there, 75mph all the way back and 35 to the gallon. Can't fault it.

You've got me worried about the state of the wheelarches now. I must go and investigate before the white wine takes effect.

Happy new year all.

Reply to
edeowner

I'd love to raise the disco but it's the car parks that stop me :-(

possible.. also may help damp patched stay as damp patches rather than dry out too.

Yep nice init! But if I can just say... GIT!!! , I'm running a V8 ;-)

I think I managed a couple of years after doing the arch extensions, then I could have probably done another 18 months but the collision meant It needed doing anyway. Best to look now and slap on some preservation slop if it's looking ok.

Indeed Happy New year!

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

...and snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Are we going to be introduced?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I didn't manage to make it out the other night but I had some quality time with the RR today. I got the numerous tools and spares out of it and then got all the carpet and foam out and it didn't look to bad. I knew the rear boot floor was shot but there's only one biggish hole about palm sized, however it seems to have rusted from side to side about 4-5 inches from the back where the tailgate hinges ( is there a crossmemember or something there in front if the chassis crossmember?) However, a friend of mine has gifted me a genuine parts 300Tdi Disco boot floor which I am hoping is the right size (looks v similar)

The rust seems to have limited itself just to that panel and not to the flat / wheelarch panel either side. I took the carpet off the arches too and they are like new.

However, looking from underneath the bit of box section (kind of xmember type thing) with the body mounts on it is rusted at the ends up as far as the body mounts seems fine, but the last 4-5 inches are rusted away. Can you buy this bit as a complete part as it seems to make sense that while i've got the floor out to make a good job of changing that bit aswell.

I took some picures today of the floor (yes, I was that bored) if you fancy casting your expert eye over them.

At least it will give me something to think about on the first day back in work tomorrow! Arse.

Dave

Reply to
edeowner

Sorry mate, thought i'd told you about it. I think it's about as basic a coil-sprung landrover that you can get D- reg 2.5 diesel, no power steering (oh, the shame!) love it. It's going to have to be sold to finance my workshop though. I'm trying to stay away from driving it though as i'll just end up keeping it.

Have plans to cut that discovery down and turn it into a 80" Tdi trialler, fully road legal of course. Hopefully the bobber will stay together till then!!

P.S. What are you doing on the last Sunday of the month? It's my Clerk of Course duty again and need someone reslponsible to help.............so I thought u could bring Di.....joking of course.

Dave

Reply to
edeowner

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I've a mental picture of the rear cross member.. If so this is one of the few Rangie Chassis parts actually available. Would you believe I couldn't get an outrigger for mine! Unreal. If it's not the rear cross member then that just leaves me mental , without a picture ;-)

Expert ... nope, bitterly experience is more akin :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

If it's the tailgate crossmember (with the hinge brackets on) then yes they are available -

NRC4717 RRC Tailgate Crossmember £39.95 inc VAT

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

...and snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Aye, should be OK, as long as I get the b*stard brake pipes on the S2a done by then.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Well if oush comes to shove I'll come over and give you hand one day over a weekend and get it sorted in one go?

Dave

Reply to
edeowner

I'm not sure that is the one. There apears to be a big crossmember at the back and then one a bit further forward where the chassis to body mounts are. Mind you, thinking about it, i guess the x member has to be fairly sustantial otherwise the body wouldn't be mounted on it. I think I need to check!

Cheers

Reply to
edeowner