flywheel out by 1 thou..

I've put my flywheel back on my 2.25, and the dial gauge measures the run out at 3/1000 ". the book says 2/1000. Will that one thou make a difference or should I get my flywheel off and put it back on again?

thanks, Paul

Reply to
Pacman

Is the clutch juddering? If not, leave it!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Reply to
Nige

Dont know yet. This is a replacement lump which hasnt gone in yet. I had the flywheel off to change the rear crank oil seal and have put it back on and torqued it etc.

Paul

Reply to
Pacman

blimey! don't think I've ever checked that

Reply to
Mr Jolly

ive never done anything like this before, so I'm following the book to the letter...

Reply to
Pacman

Reply to
Paul Coley

Thats what I thought, it can't be that bad being one thou out....but I think for the half hour that it'll take me to get it off and put it back on again is a lot easier than getting the lump out again to redo it!

Thanks for all your advice.

Paul

Reply to
Pacman

Certainly a lot easier to change it now, than to haul the gearbox out again at a later stage cos the clutch is juddering. I got caught recently with a rebuild. The clutch had seized on when I first got it rolling, but I managed to free it off, so I left it. Now I've got the vehicle finished I find the clutch is worn and needs replacing. So I've gotta take the gearbox out again. I wish I hadn't bothered to unsieze it in the first place.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Yep, sorry... it was me! I hold my hands up... I sneezed! Try it again... ;) Toby

Reply to
TVS