flywheels

who was the brain-stillborn arsewipe that decided that dual-mass flywheels were a good idea?

I wasn't previously aware that the TD5s were cursed thusly. Apparently, mine is on the way out, no point in puttign it back together without a new one.

I've yet to discover how much...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Gird yer loins fella.

Reply to
Nige

... and so it begins.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Why i got an auto!

Reply to
Nige

Someone who was too pansy for proper driving and thought that it would help make the clutch smoother....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Might there be an experiment here, just do away with the springy bits and bolt the whole thing together?

Mined ewe ... it _is_ your engine I'm talking of experimenting on ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Can't you get a spring kit to recondition them (as you can for some of the Japanese ones).

Reply to
EMB

FWIW I replaced the one on my Toy*** Surf with a solid one and can't tell the difference, except to my pocket as the solid one was at least

50% cheaper than an original DM.

Gordon

80 and 86 and 90
Reply to
gbubb

A kit of springs and s**te to rebuild my Toy*** one cost me the equivalent of about 50 quid.

Reply to
EMB