Fog lights

Please can anyone tell me how to change the bulb on a front fog light! The car concerned is a landrover discovery v8i 1997. Many thx in advance. Tim

Reply to
Tim pople

Yes they are a pain in the arse if you dont know!

Pull the pivot/adjuster off at the top of the lamp unit - carefull as its only plastic. then there are two torx screws half way up both sides, these are a pain because not only do they hold it all together they provide the pivot action for adjustment. So its fiddly getting them back in. While you have the lamp in bits its worth soldering the earth wire to the bulb base, I had too after I disturbed it all for the first time. Its damn annoying when you have struggled to get the damn thing out like your trying to do, then you put a new bulb in and find its a bad earth thats stopping it coming on!

Cheers

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair