Fog Lights 306 T/D

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how to replace a front bulb to a front fog light on my 306 T/D Meridian.

Can anyone advise me on how to get to the bulb.

Thanks very much :-)

Reply to
Mark

If they are like the ones on my 405, you need to take out some torx screws from the front of the bumper, and then withdaw the whole lamp assembly. It is not unusual to find the connector has corroded. The bulb normally has a wire connected to it - H3 type.

hth

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks very much for the reply Bob - will be trying to locate screws at first light !!

Reply to
Mark

I worked out on mine that you have to attack from behind and below, by removing the horizontal weathershield between the corner of the bumper and the main wheel arch shield. It's held by three torx screws. That's as far as I got because I was beginning to solidify. When the weather is a bit warmer I'll have another go, this time raising the front end on stands to give me better access.

It looks as though having removed the shield, you then remove the screws (two?) retaining the light unit and withdraw it from the space behind the bumper. My failed lamp is the nearside. I might have to move the horn to get the lamp out.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Why wait till its light?? can always use a torch to see what you are doing. from chris Addlestone Surrey

Reply to
Chris

Thanks Peter - sounds like intensive surgery tomorrow. I kinda hope it doesn't rain again all day tomorrow !!

Reply to
Mark