For Sale - Series 11, SWB 3/4 Ragtop

Keith

I'm shaking my head reading this post. I know you spend thousands o bits, and hundreds of hours trying to put them all together, and at th end of the day want to get some % of all that back, BUT Dont you think that you are perhaps being a triffle optomistic I mean, I have just been offered a similar vehicle, fully fettled galv'd chassis etc, all panels off and prepped, just needs assembly £300, not £3000 Becouse at the end of the day, it's an unfinished project, basicall 'spares or repairs' If I had £3k in my pocket I could go looking not for a box of bits but a complete, well finished Landy, with tax & test on it £2500, buys a pretty tidy S2, on a galvanised chassis, probably wit an overdrive or some other useful accessories like parabolics an stuff, ready to roll With that in mind, do you think its realistic to ask some-one to pa more for something that isn't as good, and needs them to spend mayb

300 man hours putting together I wish you luck, but I doubt you'll get a quick sale

-- Teflo

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Teflon's Profile:

this thread:

Teflon
1966 Series 11 for sale, 3/4 Ragtop, Complete stripdown and ground up restoration. All major work done to chassis and baulkhead all rust cut out and all structual parts / panels replaced. Chassis has been stripped to bare metal, all rust cut out and been treated etc. Engine Stripped, Gearbox stripped and overhauled, Rear Axle stripped and Overhauled, Rear Springs stripped and Overhauled. Needs finishing off, Be warned there is still work to be done, but if you adept @ mechanical things then you wont have any problems as most of it is putting back together and fettling. All parts there to complete. Majority of the panels are off the vehicle.

Rear Tub, is very straight, only a small kink to rear left hand side, where some previous muppet has knocked something, can easily be straighted out.

Front Axle is currently off and half overhauled so not to moveable @ the moment. Will Reassemble for serious buyer. Needs to be moved on trailer.

Am leaving the Country and need to sell her unfortunately.

£3000.00 no offers. Bear in mind that it is worth this in spares alone.

Its at the stage where if someone wants to put there own ideas onto her it is @ the right stage to do so, ie, engine conversion etc etc.

When Replying, if anyone does........... Please Put LANDROVER in the subject line due to the amount of Spam.

Cheers

Keith. Huntingdon Cambridgeshire.

Reply to
Igundwane

You've got no chance to get £3000.In that condition, I doubt you'd get £500.Really good ones, with long MOTs go for £1500 or less.I sold mine last week, and that was fairly good,with 12month mot for £850. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

I don't know. I've probably spent 3-4 grand on bits for my landy since i was given it (if not more - have stopped counting now!)

If i was in the position to buy another one today i might be tempted to spend that sort of money straight away if the seller could show me the reciepts for what they had spent on new bits. It would save me the effort of sourcing and buying them myself!

You may be able to buy a tidy on the road example for less than what keith is asking, but you wouldnt know what bits on it were new and what were old.

Reply to
Tom Woods

B*gger !!!

I have just seen !... Pressed the wrong sodding Button !! It should have been £300.00

Reply to
Igundwane

Pressed the wrong sodding button !!! Boll*x !%^$%^£

It should have been £300.00

This is what happens when you are trying to type and getting nagged !!

Reply to
Igundwane

Right its Gone, Scrapped it Yesterday. Spent the Day Chopping it up into pieces.

Reply to
Igundwane