Found a Offroad site near me :-)

Silverdale in North Staffs.

Now to find some camp sites for an unofficial.

Heres some piccys I took today - didn't play as skint at the mo.

The Piccys taken with the date on were taken by master D senior aged 9 who is getting to grips with a camera the FIL has given him.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Looks good and not to far from the D road if I am any judge ( I am the Law! , er no U R ) I found one of those remote cameras we were musing about on fleabay wonder who amongst us will be first with an axle height film on you tube ? My money is on Nige . I wonder what waterproof really means?

floor out welding and like a shipyard

Reply to
Derek

Woo hoo

We'd be up for that.

Give congrats to Master D for the pics :)

I was talking to Bec about you this morning strangely.

We'd love to come and see Junior D sometime.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

In message , Lee_D writes

Where is it Lee and when is it open. Haven't been in the mud for a while. Last time it was MOD Stafford and with one of their Wolfs

Reply to
hugh

Did G129 blow all that thick black smoke then stop moving on a semi permanent basis or did it simply get stuck in mud requiring the use of the winch to get out.

And whats this obsession with mud? I'd much rather have some tricky inclines (up/down and cross ways), boulder fields, deep soft sand/gravel, trenches to cross or flowing water to ford but not 18" of thick sticky mud.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Every third Sunday (yep I know today is Saturday!) at Silverdale, Hollywood Woods just off Pepper St where it meets Hollywood Lane. Was today because tomorrow is Donnington 4x4 show and they didn't want to clash.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Me too

Reply to
Nige

Blew the hose off the Turbo on the way up gunning it through some deep filled rutts.

The shots showing the smoke were the driver reversing to try and run up the hill but he was stuck due to tyres being lifted by the middle of the track. No doubt the smoke was due to wrong fueling and the hose being off at the time. Only way out for him then was to winch up the hill in order to lift the bonnet to find what went Pfffsttt big time :-)

I'm not a massive fan of Mud. I enjoy the challenges of the terrain and some days just a pootle along green lanes with no challenge at all. I can watch others in mud all day mind, I don't enjoy being up close and personal with winch efforts as some are a little scary... I have an active imagination when it comes to what could go wrong. Today was quite reassuring.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yeah, I don't get that one either, particularly now I've got 6 drum brakes instead of just one! One was bad enough. It's a real vehicle killer too.

Mind you I could do without the soft sand/gravel, that's just like the mud, you drive in and then you're mostly just a passenger.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Well the bad news is I can only find camp sites near to Alton towers :-) Which gives another avenue of entertaiment - along with Mud plugging and perhaphs some night laning in the South Derbyshire area :-)

Would have to sort a weekend where it's the third weekend mind (for the offroad site) ... and of course one I can get off work which helps! :-)

I'll consult my diary tomorrow! - Or today as it happens to be now (17th) .... when I've finished my bit of my 36th Birthday cake that is!

Happy B day to me Happy B day to me Happy B day to meeeeeee Happy B day to me!

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

More towards Cranage and Holmes Chapel maybe? I'm certain I've passed approved sites en route Derek

Reply to
Derek

Many happy returns Lee.

Reply to
EMB

On or around Sat, 16 Feb 2008 20:48:36 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

Looks good - both site and pictures. How well supplied is it with technical not-too-muddy bits?

Have to say that some off-road sites seem to be nothing but mudholes, which is fine if you enjoy winching or powering through them to see how far away you can splash mud on people. Personally, I prefer the more laid-back sort of off-roading where there's a credible chance of not getting stuck in a more or less standard motor.

Mind, I might go with 33" tyres on the 110 next time it's running. Ideally, I'd put 33x10.5 on it, but they're not easy to find. 12.5 really is a bit wide, and although it'd give a bit more flotation in soft stuff, it won't stop it sinking, and I reckon, on past experience, that you'd lose out more on firm slippery stuff than you gain in flotation. If you really want flotation you need about 30" wide, not 12.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yeah, sounds like a plan forming. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Hehehheh, happy birthday Lee ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

you bastard! - you could have given me a shout!

I asked a guy on mudclub to do that when it was next on there but he hasnt :(

I was actually out in the 2A thismorning giving a friend driving practice - could have gone up there and she could have had a go off road too! Dashboard started working again thismorning too! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Sorry Tom, if I'd known you were interested I'd have given you a shout. We went last minute and often pass by and realise it's on as we regularly get down that way. Didn't actually know I was going till the morning as the idea spawned after Mrs D had retired for the evening.

What about 18th 19th 20th April as an Unofficial?? 20th being for plugging?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

My Bday is the 17th, and becs is the 20th so we are thinking of going away somewhere...

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

No probs scratch that then.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

was interested as i actually have a working landy and had nowt else on this weekend! - and its only 5 mins away!

Have been round there unofficially years ago and it was good fun!

is it on sunday march the 16th next time then?

Reply to
Tom Woods