Found a Offroad site near me :-)

Yep, if you go give me a shout - I'm working noons but may pop over with the camera again :-)

Reply to
Lee_D

Date now in the diary! will let you know closer to, and then master D can come down and take a picture of me breaking down ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods

I couldn't work out where this was at first but it sounded close enough to me to be interesting. So I turned to the trusty Google and happened upon this:

Sorry if the link is a bit long and wraps around. Try the tiny version instead:
Prepare for much rolling of eyes and exasperated sighing.

Looks like I might just have to pay a visit on the next pay'n'play day.

Reply to
Peter Harrison

It appears Mr D and Mr Shackles are of a similar mind. There seem to be a number of by ways to the north of us on the OS maps but I have yet to find anywhere that gives their current status. I guess if there is no notice from the council on entry they are open.

But at least it's relatively dry and clean... B-) The challenge is to get across without getting trapped and when you do getting the shovel and sand ladders out.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yeah but sand gets into all sorts of nasty places and chafes, it doesn't do the truck much good either! Not sure about whether driving across it is much more involving than mud, crossing my fingers isn't much of a challenge ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

NIMBY's - Numerous examples of what can we use as an excuse to stop law abiding citizens having lawful pleasure.

This time it's Badgers they are clutching at..... Landfill sites underneath and the potential to disturb then and release methane.

The seem to have ignored the fact that there is presently and has been since living memory an underground fire in the same area which incidentlly consists in the main of slag heaps from the colliery.....

It's bringing down the near by Park site estate - which incidentally could also be mistaken for a off road course, obstacles there being disguarged fridges, white goods and building rubble.

ho hum!

Reply to
Lee_D

Is that an off-road site or byways? If so surely they're trespassing on private land! I see they've managed to find the wonderful "2-foot deep ruts" again, those pesky land rovers with their 4-foot tall wheels I'll be bound, "raping" the country!

At any rate, last post on that thead was almost a year ago now so looks like they buggered off.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:11:16 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

this ain't sand, but it's funny as f*ck, as Nige would no doubt say:

The beach is Pismo Beach.

and many others in the "related" panel

such as this:

seen this one before, but I still like it:

Austin Shackles

im not sure where the offroad site is but there is a proper byway (which is currently closed) across the area too (which is a big slag heap with a wood on it!).

I've been over it in a landy years ago (when it wasnt closed) and we saw probably 10 people on trail bikes busy making more of a mess than us, along with a large collection of burnt out vehicles.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:11:16 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

Sand has scope for skill in not getting bogged. There were a most amusing variety of videos of numptys on some beach in America, on youtube, that I found the other day.

Reply to
Austin Shackles