Fred Dibnah got an MBE

Pulls up outside Buck P in his Land Rover no doubt...

Reply to
wayne

OR his traction engine - he HAS promised to buy a new flat cap !

Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

So we can only give honours to people who haven't been on TV and haven't done anything that they've personally enjoyed?

Why do the England rugby team qualify then? Is it because they have acheived something very rare, brought joy to the nation and honoured their country? I hope so, and the fact that they are very rich, very secure and 'celebrities' does not disqualify them one inch. It shouldn't disqualify Fred either.

He's spent his entire life in Lancashire, so some kind of medal is in order.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Many a true word, etc... ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Whenever he pops up on TV my dad always reminds us of the time he got done for drink driving in/on his traction engine. I must admit I'm not 100% sure if it is true, but I wouldn't put it past him!

Geoff (ex pat Boltonian)

Reply to
Geoff J

ok so some smart arse producer thought fred would do good, but fred's various bits of steam kit are his own work , funded from his earnings!

Reply to
Martyn Hodson