Have you got an old Land Rover for sale?

Hi all,

Well my wife's Cavalier has finally come to the end of it's life and I am going to give her my Disco.

So I am looking for a Land Rover Series 3 or 110, 109. It must have the capability to have 12 seats, even if the back bench seats are missing. It must have six forward facing seats (or if you have fitted the cubby in the front, the seat must still be available for me to fit). It must have an MOT (at least three months), not too bothered about tax. I am not worried if it needs a little bit of work on the body (little bit of easy welding) or the trim looks a little tired.

I would prefer a diesel (Would consider a normal petrol that has an unleaded head but please no V8's), I am not worried if it is 20 years old 9or so) as long as it goes and isn't a complete dog with more holes in the chassis than a fishing net.

I have got hundreds to spend and not thousands.

Fianlly, it must be within 150 miles of Hartlepool (North East UK).

Anyone help please preferably within the next two weeks? Cash is waiting.

Andrew

P.S. Please mail me on andrew.at.preaching.co.uk. (Take out the two dots around the at and stick the @ sign in, you know what I mean, I get sick of spam.) Or post a reply here. I can come round straight away and see it.

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

Good luck, but I think you will be hard pushed given your budget. That said, my 109 recently went for £900, but that was only a two-seater hardtop.

Why do you discount the V8? A decent V8 will give fuel economy not far removed from the 2.25 petrol, but substantially better performance.

FWIW, if budget is tight I think the worst thing you can do is buy a cheap Land Rover. They are usually the most expensive ones in the long run. I have the bills to prove it....

Once again - good luck

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

After consulting with the boss I would consider a Series 3 SWB as long as it has 6 seats, or a 90 (it could have seven seats and I would be happy).

I do not want another Disco though I have one and I love it.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

I would consider a V8 as well. I am more than happy to tinker with an old landrover myself so bills are less.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

Twas Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:59:11 GMT when "Andrew Renshaw" put finger to keyboard producing:

I already mentioned this but I think your best bet is a regular 3 door

110 with inward-facing bench seats in the back your budget is simply too low for a 110 station wagon, and I'd look for a late series 3 too.

when I lived in your area there is a guy out at wingate I used to use, he has alot of ex-military 109's (or he used to have).

if you really want forward facing seats you can fit them to a 3 door

109/110 but you'll not find them included in that kind of budget I expect.

best of luck with your search though ;o)

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Agreed.

Current figures: Series 2a SWB 2.25 petrol - 14.7 mpg Range Rover 4.6 V8 petrol - 17 mpg

Yet I still go to work in the Series. WHY???

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I don't know how easy it would be to persuade a Range Rover to take the dicky seats out of a Disco, but Classic's seem to be just about worthless these days. I reckon you'd find a decent late 80's Range Rover for about a grand. Various bits would be rotten, but they are reputedly no more difficult to fix than a Series.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Sorry, that should read "Classics seem to be just about worthless".

My apologies to the millions of homeless apostrophes out there.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Okay no problem if anyone has got one of these then please shout.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

Twas Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:25:24 +0100 when Tim Hobbs put finger to keyboard producing:

I thought seriously about a classic as there are a few with v8's around here for £800-£1000, rusty but mot'd.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Cause you're a Land Rover Numpty!

Reply to
GbH

And I thought for a minute we had a greengrocer on the group ;-) Welcome to the pedants' club.

Reply to
Richard Brookman