Freelander 1.8 Station Wagon for sale

Not running at moment because head gasket gone

78000 miles - taxed and MOT to Jan 07. Dealer serviced from new. Body in excellent condition. Any offers?
Reply to
Joe

Forgot to say - vehicle year is 1998

Reply to
Joe

and also forgot the location?

Reply to
William Tasso

excellent condition. Any

£750 is my offer, why not gte the headgasket done?
Reply to
Nige

Because they go again around 12 months later, the price of them second hand has gone through the floor and It would be much better in the long run with a stonking V8 shoved in :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D uttered summat worrerz funny about:

More frustrated customers here....

Lee_D

then maybe I should take a look - just for fun

well that's a damn fine answer - no matter what the question :)

Reply to
William Tasso

Seriously though, you'll have a problem trying to shift this. You really need to remove the head to ensure that it is only the gasket that has gone, otherwise you're possibly looking at over £1K to repair the damage. If it is just the gasket, then you need to find out why it went. this would help to shift the vehicle. I have seen all sorts of damage caused when the gasket goes due to water in the cylinder and compressed by the piston and either the piston holing or worse the block, not to mention bent valves and cracked head. The main prob is that it was fitted with such a poor engine in the first place that wasn't in any way up to the job. Typical cost-cutting by LR in my book

Jock

Reply to
typicalselfrighteoustw