Freelander.

Hi, Can anyone tell me a good car seat for a toddler that I can install in the rear seat of me 1998 5 door freelander? Thanks.

Reply to
GEORGE MACLEAY

Hi, Can anyone tell me a good car seat for a toddler that I can install in the rear seat of me 1998 5 door freelander? Thanks.

Reply to
GEORGE MACLEAY

The Maxi-Cosi Priori is a good seat and works very well in the Freelander. It's actually a good fit in lots of cars (I even use it in the 110) and works with 3-point belts or lap belts.

Mothercare also have a derivative of it that is virtually the same (slightly smaller wrap-around wings at the top) which is a few quid cheaper. It's made by Maxi-Cosi but carries the Mothercare brand name.

I have one of each.

Reply to
Steve Morgan

Did the 1998 have the LATCH safety system? (Hooks on the back of the rear seats?) If so, at least make sure the toddler seat has the LATCH safety strap so it'll stay in place better.

We originally put the seat behind the front passenger side, to let an adult in the back have more room. Recently we decided that we'd rather have the safety of extra room in case of a side crash, so we moved it to the middle rear of the Freelander. Still lets thin adults get on each side :-)

Cheers, Kev

Reply to
Kevin Darling