Freelander and caravan

Can anyone tell me about the behaviour of a Landrover Freelander with a caravan? Who has experience driving a Freelander with a caravan behind it.

Thanks!

Henneman

Reply to
Henneman

I did some towing with my 3 door 1.8 petrol. Tows well, nice and stable etc... Less prone to wandering than my Discovery.

The only criticism I'd have is that it was a pain in very hilly areas as mine was a manual and that particular engine is a bit gutless. A V6 auto would be much better for towing than a 1.8 petrol but then I hate towing with any manual car.

Perhaps if you mention which Land Rover Freelander (engine, gearbox, body) you'll get some more specific comments ?

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

Thanks for the quick reply. It is our intention to buy the Freelander 5 door Td4 Diesel manual.

Henneman

"Dave White" schreef > > Can anyone tell me about the behaviour of a Landrover Freelander with

Reply to
Henneman

I've towed a single axle caravan a couple of times with my Td4 station wagon. No slipping of 1st gear was required, even under my inexperinced foot!

I found it little diffrent to towing a dual-axle horse box, which is what I got my Freelander for. Reasonably stable, little problem when overtaken, etc.

You will need to check towing wheights gainst your requirements as I expect it would be easy to exceed the limits of the Freelander.

Cheers

Blippie

-- Visit the alt.aviation.safety FAQ online at

Blippie

Friend of mine tows with a Td4 5 door. Pulls a 1350kg single axle Elddis caravan no trouble at all. Toured in France with him last year and he was all over the back of me most of the time (Disco TDi and same sized van) and he had 4 full-size people inside with their bikes on the roof..

HTH.

Bob.

Reply to
Bob