Freelander 'beeping" with remote lock !!

When my wife opens our Freelander with her remote ... a high pitched beeping sound happend for a few seconds when she enters the car...BUT....when I use my remote it doesn't happen !

Anyone know why that happens ?

Cheers,

Brian Canham snipped-for-privacy@bigpond.net.au

Reply to
Hi-Soft

Possibly because her batteries are low?

Reply to
David French

hmmm...yeah...night try changing them...but i think it's always done it..but that would make sense...

Reply to
Hi-Soft

Does the freelander bleep or the remote ?

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

I think it's actually the Freelander...like coming from the dash somewhere...

Reply to
Hi-Soft

Then I would say that it is not a flat battery problem. Are there any extra buttons on your remote because it may be the that yours is a master remote and is hers the secondary remote and the option to beep may be an indication of which is which !

This is purely speculative as I am not familiar with Freelander security but I have a Clifford Alarm that is configured in this way ,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

It's the remote control battery,it needs changing. If you read your manual,it would tell you this. :)

Scotty '01 TD4 Freelander

Reply to
dusty

o.k. so it's obviously a very ealy warning then...because it has always done this...and it still works fine !!!!

Doesn't really bother us...we were just curious ...might just ask LR next service...

Reply to
Hi-Soft

Yep...it does let you know early, so not to completely lock you out and leave you stranded. :) Try pulling the remote apart and checking the contacts for the battery, all they might need is a clean. Otherwise buy a new battery (which is cheap) and put it in,simple job, no need for any NASA experience. Scotty

Reply to
dusty

cool...will do...makes sense to at least give that a try.. thanks..

Reply to
Hi-Soft