Freelander query

If I was to purchase a second hand Freelander, is there any particular year or model to avoid due to all the problems I keep reading about online. Would it be a good purchase or are the new models a better bet? Also what would be the actual price I could expect to pay for a new freelander from my local dealer, does anyone have any idea as to the discount available?

Hoping someone can help shed some light on the nightmare of buying a freelander!!

Hanx all

Sid

Reply to
Sid