FS: Looking for offers / advice

Works Disco Series 1 has died.

Its a N reg (was going to be a Jap export but got left at the factory and we picked it up about 2 years later)

Its a 3.9 V8 with gas kit, auto, done about 150k(ish). Bodies straight.

It had its rear seats taken out to turn it into a van but was never panelled or anything (6/7seats are still in from what I understand.

Its engine is U/S, but its not worth us to replace the engine and its being replaced by a crew cab jap pickup.

Looking for offers nor advice on what its worth. Even with the sh@gged engine its got to be worth 2k???????? I'm guess here?

If anyone wants more info give me a shout, Im not selling it, its just the boss knows ive got a 90 and was asking about. I reckon it would make a tidy car with a new engine. In fact.....na, new kitchen going in.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

Cough splutter... I'd guess again, somewhat downward I'm afraid.

Your (bosses) best bet would be to break it for spares I reckon.

Reply to
Mother

It will depend what exactly is wrong with the engine, but I would think that whatever it is, 2k is a bit steep. Austin got a complete working Disco V8 with 500quids worth of tyres and 500quids worth of new exhaust off ebay for less than 2k not long ago...

I agree with what Martyn said, you'll get most money breaking it for spares.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett

On or around Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:25:36 +0100, Paul Everett enlightened us thusly:

wot's the gearbox like?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Big. Heavy. Fits underneath. ;-)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

On or around Tue, 5 Oct 2004 22:18:46 +0000 (UTC), "Steve" enlightened us thusly:

silly sod...

Reply to
Austin Shackles