FS: RR Classic Vogue - RPi 4.6 V8

As the title said, I've listed it on Ebay today.

Sadly it has to go, I need a van due to expanding business, Wife is just about to pass her test and I can't get anything resembling a sensible insurance quote for Her to drive it. (Read £3000 plus...sheesh).

Car is in Caterham, Surrey.

Email me if you'd like to come and have look at it, we can make appropriate arrangements.

alancdmudd.at.btinternet.com

Alan Mudd

Reply to
Alan Mudd

appropriate

Alan I'm gutted for you.. I know how attached you are to this car!

Just read through the Ad which seems honest enough... I recently fixed our rear heated windcreen... the wire on the right ar our liik in had become brittle or should I say the insulation had.. this casued the whole thing to snap... I found it quick enough as when I disconnected the wire it kept on comming until the remains were in my hand.. took abiut 30 minutes to fix using the soldering Iron given the currents involved I did a proper job.

Hope you get a good price..

you getting a TD5 van ? ;-) ...is there any other brand?

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Thanks Lee,

I'm interested to see what I'll get for it, it's one of those cars that it's difficult to value but I do hope to get something sensible.

The wires on the heated window, I got about as far as you did, but I couldn't get any further without removing the headlining. There's something wrong with the wire as everything else is just fine, including the heated mirrors.

As for what van I'm getting, I walked into Harwoods LandRover (Coulsdon) last week to make enquiries on commercials available, I had to wait half an hour before anyone would talk to me, the sales manager wasn't interested as "He's the manager and sales is not his job - you'll just have to wait".

When I finally did get to talk to someone, He couldn't tell me how much it would cost to lease or finance a new one, and there were no brochures available as "The printers have run out of paper"..LMAO.....He took my details, promised to call with the numbers that afternoon. 5 Days later I've not heared a thing, so on principal now I'm not going buy anything from them. The "I couldn't give a shit attitude" really got on my nerves. The only helpful department is the parts department, it's just a shame they are so bloody expensive!...LOL

So I'm out looking at Mercedes Vito's and similar such things, when I do buy something I have every intention in copying the invoice and writing a covering letter to Land Rover to tell them how shoddy their sales outlets are and the fact I'll never buy anything new from Harwoods.

Alan Mudd

Reply to
Alan Mudd

Tried to lease a TD5 commercial from Harwoods last year when I changed job and need a replacement for the company car and after much pestering and ringing they told me they are not interested in leasing vans. Wrote to head office in Pulborough in Aug, am still awaiting a reply.

Tester's at Edenbridge on the otherhand were very helpful, to the point of pestering me actually.

Chris Caterham Surrey

95 300Tdi Discovery 99 300Tdi Discovery 83 Lightweight
Reply to
chris

What gearbox does this have?

M.

Reply to
balloons

ZF 4 Speed

Alan.

Reply to
Alan Mudd

Auto.....sorry, didn't realise what a gaping omission that was..:-)

Reply to
Alan Mudd

Should I assume that this has hot-wire injection?

M.

Reply to
balloons

No it's got the older flapper type, Mark adams hand built the ECU for it and I replaced the extra valve with that from a Jaguar S3 4.2 to help cold start up.

All the injectors were reconditioned Efi items fitted with new engine, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator is fitted.

Mark Suggested I fit S3 Jaguar injectors and Air flow meter as this would give an increase of about 30-35 hp but as the enigine is currently producing approx 280 - 300lb/ft torque I figured that was about as much as I wanted to put through the gearbox. The ZF's are rated up to about 330lb/ft AFAIK, I was as much interested in reliability and was happy to sacrifice a little power to achieve that.

Alan Mudd

Reply to
Alan Mudd

It just sold for £3000, which is the minimum I'd let it go for.

Feel a bit sad actually, saying that, my mechanic buddy was over the moon when I told him I was selling it, He hated doing any work on it..:-)

Alan Mudd

Reply to
Alan Mudd

I very nearly bid for it but I'd have ripped the engine and box out and broken the rest :-)

Malcolm.

Reply to
balloons