fuel consumption

Sheesh !! I put 20 quids worth of unleaded in. travelled 70 miles round trip from norwich to burnham market. and by the time i got home i was on the red light low fuel warning. 21 litres or so divided by the mileage = 3.3 miles per litre !! Now i'd say its running a bit rich ? is it?

3.9 efi V8 110 landy.

Reply to
ZoNeHeaD®

thats about 15 mpg, about right for a V8 on mixed driving etc. I've also got a V8 110, costs me about =A320 to do 100 miles, and thats out of town all the way, no villages etc.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

15mpg? 'bout normal.

This is a Land Rover V8 don't forget. Thirstier than a very thirsty thing.

The best I got on the Rangie was 19mpg Brighton to Oban mostly by motorway and deliberatly not hurrying. I did see 20.1 part way on the trip computer before that linear car park called the M6 worked it's usual magic.

nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt

Reply to
ZoNeHeaD®

That quip: A V8 passes everything except a filling station!

Reply to
GbH

LOL ... almost. The 4.6 does about 225 miles on a tank (90 litres), however the 4.2AJV8 can do nearly 500 miles to a 100 litres (nice run, keeping up with traffic in outside lane)... which isn't bad for a gas guzzler (overall avg over 29,000 miles is hovering around 16 - but that is very very varied driving and I am not light footed ;-) )

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Not as thirsty as my Series IIa, which returned 13.3mpg on the last tankfull. Probably about time I had the head off and did the valve seats......

Alex

Reply to
Alex

My 110 3.5 V8 does about 70 miles on £20 on mixed journeys. Short trips in winter it's down to about 50 miles on £20. It's got a Weber 500 and torquemax cam though...

Andy Fox

Reply to
Andy Fox

My 3.9 Disco does 10 mpg on petrol and 10 mpg on lpg. Took it to RPI a few years ago for them to look at and couldnt find anything wrong. Managed to get 12 on a gentle once. Richard

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
ZoNeHeaD®