Fuel prices.

BONKERS!

Now they are going back down! Someone uttered that we could see 75p a litre next year....

Price of Jerry cans could be about to rocket ;-)

Reply to
Lee_D

It's nuts innit? I very much doubt 75p would happen, but it would be nice.

Reply to
Nige

and Classic V8 Range Rovers if that happened- oooh what was that passing the window three flying Gloucester Old Spots (piggies for the agri-intolerant).

Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Tue, 7 Oct 2008 11:35:59 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

doublebonkers, price goes down about 2ppl and sodding great queues in the garages!

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 7 Oct 2008 19:48:32 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

I wish. if it just goes back to about a quid I'd be happy.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The moment it drops the council will be on the phone to negotiate your contract prices down! Funny how they don't call when it goes up ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Tue, 7 Oct 2008 21:16:29 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

yeah, this is true. however, I can stonewall with the best of 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

All the better... if Dereks theory is right... another 10 days and it'll drop again when everyone is full and the garages can't sell shit again :-)

economy... you gotta love it!

I'm holding out till the 11th when my Tesco voucher for 5p litre off expires on the 12th ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee how does your Tesco compare with local discount stations our local Tes'con' are about 2ppl dearer which explains how they finance the scheme

Derek

Reply to
Derek

They were 1ppl dearer than Morrisons in N/C so in effect I'm saving 4ppl not

5ppl IYSWIM.

Then again I did feel cheated as the pump cut out at £100 ffs!

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Very annoying when they do that. The pumps at Tesco Carlisle have just been replaced and they are slow. So slow that I hit the pumping time out= when filling a 20l jerry can and the very empty Disco. Got that cleared =

then hit the =A3100 limit grrr... But at least the operators allow you t= o replace the nozzle to start another transaction and pay for it all as on= e.

Price for that Tesco is the same as the other (branded) garages close by= .

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I just came back from a trip to Edinburgh. Shell was £1.16/litre for diesel on the A8 near the city centre.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Go to a commercial vehicle pump if you're using diesel. The car type ones are set to that to limit the loss caused by the increasing number of drive-offs.

Reply to
John Williamson

Tesco don't have commercial vehical pumps. B-)

They have always had a =A3100 limit, it's not a new thing(*). It's not normally a problem for people with lessor cars as they don't have tanks =

big enough to hold =A3100's worth of fuel even at =A31.30/l (approx 17 gallons). So how is it going to limit drive-off losses?

(*) I wouldn't be surprised if the CC companies have an arrangement with= the garages such that if a CC transaction under =A3100 for fuel turns ou= t to be fraudulent they won't charge it back to the garage provided the garag= e has the maximum spend limit set.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Bloody Pricey is till by the far most the expensive round here at 121.9 for Diesel. Shell is down to 117.0 depending on what forecourt you go to. Tesco and the others are somewhere between the 2.

Now maybe i'm getting paranoid but with the fuel prices going down, i wonder when G Brown and Co gonna implement the 2p price rise they put off a few months ago.

Dom

Reply to
Dom J

Ouch Tesco Carlisle this afternoon 116.9, still managed to spend =A398 q= uid though (83.83l) the little light was on...

I think they might have slightly more pressing things on their minds jus= t ATM but when the fuss dies down I wouldn't be surprised if they do. But =

it's not really come down in price yet. Crude is about the price now as = it was late last/early this year. I was paying 105.9 more or less from Dec =

'07 to Feb '08... So we should be seeing another 10p/l or there abouts fall in the next few weeks. Oink flap oink flap.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ouch Tesco Carlisle this afternoon 116.9, still managed to spend £98 quid though (83.83l) the little light was on...

I think they might have slightly more pressing things on their minds just ATM but when the fuss dies down I wouldn't be surprised if they do. But it's not really come down in price yet. Crude is about the price now as it was late last/early this year. I was paying 105.9 more or less from Dec '07 to Feb '08... So we should be seeing another 10p/l or there abouts fall in the next few weeks. Oink flap oink flap.

Diesel 116 in Norfolk today too. As far as Grabber Brown is concerned, he should be putting diesel prices down to the same level or lower than petrol. This because the price of diesel was raised when it was seen as polluting, but now most vehicles have cats and diesels emit lower co2 than the equivalent size petrol engine. Rant over. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Ah, but Grabber Brown recognises the greater volumes of diesel being sold and knows he's got us over the barrel.

Reply to
Dougal

Ah, but Grabber Brown recognises the greater volumes of diesel being sold and knows he's got us over the barrel.

Reply to
Dougal

On or around Thu, 09 Oct 2008 00:24:18 +0100, puffernutter enlightened us thusly:

batsrads. it's still 122.9 up the road.

Reply to
Austin Shackles