Fuel prices.

He doesn't want to be elected then? TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Presumably that's why he didn't call an election!

Reply to
Dougal

I shall not repeat that it's 1.13ppl derv here at Tesco with my 5ppl voucher today :-)

Still 50ppl too much mind!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Apparently diesel is £1.13 without vouchers at Tesco in Hatfield.

Regards

nemo2

Reply to
nemo2

Yeah dropping pdq here too... 112ppl locally now :-) ... get your jerry cans racked up!!!

Reply to
Lee_D

108 round here at Morrison's and Asda

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

48p for diesel in .nz after yesterday's drop, and 63p for petrol.
Reply to
EMB

You can go off people!

Reply to
GbH

Bloody hell

Reply to
Nige

10 days later and Tesco Carlisle are 107.9, 102.9 with the voucher. Unleaded was 94.9.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hasn't worked so far. I'm glad to say.

Doubled? and the rest!

Found this interesting site

From 1879 right through WWI and WWII through 1969 the price of oil was around $20/barrel (corrected for inflation). Take a look at this plot
From 1985 through to 2002 it was $20 to $30/barrel it's only since then that it has shot up, note that graph peaks at $60 in 2007, this year it more than doubled that to over $140. $140 is almost *5* times the price for the 17 years '85 - '02.

I fully expect those plots don't tell the full story but it shows how the price of oil has gone meteoric in the last few years. The oil producing states where doing very nicely thankyou at $30, thing how they are doing at $60 or $120. There is one helluva lot of (our) money swilling about somewhere? Or is it just getting sucked into the monetary blackhole created by speculators on other over valued materials?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice