Galvanised capping

Hi

Anyone have any ideas about restoring the galvanised capping which joins the body panels on my Series III 88"? Have sourced the Bronze Green and Limestone gloss and some etching primer for the body panels, but the galvanised strips are a bit grotty. Any tips gratefully received

Reply to
Neil Paxman

On or around Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:22:00 +0000 (UTC), "Neil Paxman" enlightened us thusly:

how much do you want to spend?

you can replace 'em... or if they're sound, you can probably get 'em re-galvanised.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

If you drill out/remove the rivets all the galvanised bits can be removed and you could then get the re-galvanised.

Reply to
Tom Woods

'Galvafroid' (think it's a finnigans product)... Thats a brush-on option, but only real way is regalvanising

Larry

ok a crap signature, but at least the mails bug free

Reply to
Larry Shaw

Wilkinsons, B&Q , Halfords etc.

Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

When I did my series III swb I painted them with silver hammerite but thinned down so it wasnt too much of a 'hammered' effect. I am going to be doing my 90 ones soon but this time I'm going to take them off and have them galvanised (they are the original painted ones). The galvanising is done by weight so shouldnt cost too much. Richard

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
Neil Paxman