gauges

I have a new problem with my fuel and temp gauges, I assume its a voltage regulator problem but as I have already bought 2 this year I thought I should check other ideas before I pay out again.

When I first start the engine the gauges read fine (apart from intermitant earthing problems of course) but after about 5-10 minutes both gauges drop to zero. Turning off the ignitition and then restarting seems to reset the cycle. I haven't been able to catch the problem with the panel open so I can check the voltage, that's my next move after this post but I'd appreciate any clues I can get before I scratch the newly painted panel again.

The vehicle is a 1963 SIIa petrol with -ve earth

thanks

Reply to
matt.ayres

Sounds like an intermittant short or an open circuit. Possibly in the ignition switch. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

On or around Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:16:58 +0000 (UTC), "TonyB" enlightened us thusly:

or the supply to the gauges.

Reply to
Austin Shackles