good place for service in the Kent/Swale area?

I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to service a K-reg 110 in the swale/kent area?

I've been using a place near Birmingham for the past 2 years but now want to find somewhere a bit closer.

Also, (showing my knowledge of my LR - or lack of) I noticed that the LR was a bit sluggish today and had heard that something needs tuning, often, to keep it running properly - is this correct? and can this be done at home? or is it best left to the garage?

thanks in advance. andy:p

Reply to
andy:p

There is Stuart Gilbert in Sittingborne. 01795 843116 Richard

Reply to
Richard

Hi Andy

as a fairly recent mover from COventry to Kent I asked a similar question back in July

I'm in swanley, and have found Dakar Cars are just round the corner

I'm impressed by them so far (they do MOT's now too)

Dakar Cars Limited Birchwood Road Dartford DA2 7HD United Kingdom Phone: +44 (0)1322 614044

HTH

Si

Reply to
Si K

Used dealers for warranty then problem ?? However after a bit of a search found Roberts Country Vehicles in East Peckham near Hop Farm. Excellent so far and good pricing, certainly know what they are about. They have a web site and also another place up North. I also live near Dakar but was hesitant at first when looking around as they seemed only to do Range Rover and Discovery for some reason ( I think the Dakar conversion is based on the Range Rover expalining the preference they had ), they have now moved and are on the Swanley road near Birchwood golf course.

If you use them I would be keen to hear what happens, as they are a lot nearer than East Peckham for me.

John H

Reply to
Hirsty's

Thank you, that was a quick response.

Have you used them before? and what did you think of them?

I will contact them to see what they offer.

thanks again Andy

"Richard" wrote:

Reply to
andy:p

Thank you, they are a bit further out than i would have wanted but then a lot closer than Birmingham, and if they do a good job then I'm sure I wouldn't mind too much.

I will get in touch.

thanks again. Andy

Reply to
andy:p

I'll try to add my findings. I think my MOT is due sometime soon and I usually get the two done together.

watch this space.

Andy

Reply to
andy:p

"andy:p" wrote

I used Stuart Gilbert when I lived in London to service my old 109 V8, he was very thorough and did a really good job IMO.

olly R

Reply to
Olly R

I have never used them although I've had good reports from friends. I usually do all my own repairs/servicing. The only time I have paid someone I went AHL Engineering in Ulcombe (near leeds castle), have found them very good and helpful (they also compete in SROC). Richard

Reply to
Richard