yet another timing belt question

how often does the timing belt need to be changed on a 300tdi? I have fitted the mod kit last time - about 25000 miles ago. . .

let me guess, its worry time!!!

Blue skies, Pat

Reply to
Pat

IMHO, on diesels they will last forever. Your manual will probably advice you to change the belt somewhere around

40 K. Miles, anyone else on this...? Kind regards, Erik-Jan.
Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

They don't last for ever, the main dealers say every 72,000 mls.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

I'd recomend less than that... done a few at only 50k and the belt hasn't looked fantastic. My parents 300Tdi Discovery will be geting a new belt AT 50k miles... ;) Toby

Reply to
TVS

On or around Sun, 9 Jan 2005 22:05:38 -0000, "Peter Seddon" enlightened us thusly:

book says 72K, but then it also says 36K if you do harsh conditions or lots of stop-start. I tend to the view that 36K is sensible, but no need to panic if it's done 36001 and you've not changed it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

trying to remember, but didn't somebody do a timing chain conversion kit for the landy??

blue skies, pat

Reply to
Pat

In message , Pat writes

Zeus do a gear conversion see .

Will

Reply to
Will Wilkinson

Recomended at 72 K miles, I do mine at 50 k interval for peace of mind. Check timing belt cover mod for frayed belts. Having said that, I had mine done at a LR garage ( ind ) and was charged £196 during which they replaced the front crank seal for 'free'. Quite happy with it.

John H 300 Tdi 110 CSW

Bexley Kent

Reply to
Hirsty's

They tell that it is easy to install, but also they claim it takes 8 hour to do?!

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS