Good Td5's? Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who replied to this post.

The consensus seems to be they are OK but not to go for one of the first ones, but if I can get a good 300 that might be a better bet.

I knew I could rely on a good response!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Haven't you just spent good money on the clutch of your existing Rover? Seen something you rather you hadn't?

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Huw uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Isn't that always the way it goes :-(

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Apart from the dog despungeing the seats I must say that I have seldom been unpleasantly surprised by my 110 in over 21 years. Its had a few bushes and a couple of steering boxes but precious few serious problems or leaks.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

"Huw" wrote in news:46fujjFarmq8U1 @individual.net:

I have replaced the master and slave cylinders which took a short day. Other than that, the LR is mechanically perfect though being an ex- gamekeeper's vehicle I aspire to something a little less ragged around the edges! (e.g. dents caused by stags horns, etc.).

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

"Huw" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Huw,

The fact of the matter is that I recently became an orphan (at 66, not entirely unexpected) and find myself relatively affluent for the first time in my life. If you've got it, flaunt it is my motto! Mind you, I am considering a Morgan 4X4 in British racing green -- but I am limited by the number of sheep I can get in the back.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

"Derry Argue" >

It comes to all of us sooner or later. The loss that is, not the affluence.

Go for it.

Mind you, I am

Upgrade to a Range Rover. You can get several sheep in the back of one of them. Or more sensibly you could tow a big Ifor Williams.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

See "Wallace & Grommit", the sheepy one.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

A Close Shave.