Got it!!!!

Sorry for jumping into this thread a bit late - and changin to a related topic. Some years ago there was an article in one of the railway mags about a similar thing in Somerset (if I remember right). When broad guage was abandoned some of the West Of England main line was diverted rather than converted, leaving an entire station isolated - complete with track and everything. At the time the article was written the site was largely intact.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:13:23 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

now that sounds more like the story I heard.

wonder if it's still there, and if so where?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Richard Brookman wrote: Fab food,

Food and service were great, but not the fly swatting.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

AFL expedition 2006 ? Tickets available soon.......

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

...and Steve Taylor spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

We're in! Flapjacks 'n' garlic bread on order *as we speak*.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Here we go again. So, we need to find the station in question first....

Steve

Reply to
Steve

...and Steve spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Not necessarily! We could find a field, set up camp, have a nuclear barbie and THEN look for a few soddin' railway lines...

And go offroading if we didn't.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Enquiries are now being made of Bristol Railway society.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

St. Germans near Plymouth ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

It could easily be - it a long time ago!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd