Starter motor 3.9v8 disco

Damn sodding thing

ok, so I can get to the bottom bolt no problemo, but how the f*ck to get the top one out?

Can see it or feel it - is it a torx like the bottom one, or a proper bolt?

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

From past experience I'd say it was a hexagonal socket head (Allen) bolt, I can't remember just what size though, but 3/8" drive adaptor with about 6" or so extension and ratchet is what you need to undo it from just in front of the starter where you have room to move the ratchet.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

cheers Martin,

figured my 1/2in set might be giving me grief on the angles

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

cheers Martin,

figured my 1/2in set might be giving me grief on the angles

Si

One thing I forgot; as it's a Torx bolt in the bottom, the top will probably be the same. Doh!

Reply to
Oily

On or around Mon, 8 Dec 2008 13:31:47 -0000, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

I'd second the allen bolt theory, and sorry, can;t remmeber the size. It is, as you say, a sod.

Reply to
Austin Shackles