Grubby Monday.

Tomorrow will be the start of Morphs reasembly. When I reinstall the valley gasket do I use any kind of sealant around the rubber seals at each end or just use them naked? Just a thought.

3.5 V8.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Dunno about "sealant", but I'd at least make sure they've got a smear of engine oil on them.

When I did mine I did use Blue Hylomar, but then again I used Hylomar

*everywhere* (Around all of the ports in the valley) on that one.

Engine ran a lot better afterwards though.

One thought that occurs is that those end seals are sided - they

*almost* fit the other way round, as I discovered to my cost after three hours refitting the top of the block (yeah - I was doing it in a bad place with the hail beating down on me).

Let us know how you get on - I've more or less decided that my next project is going to be acquiring a Disco rolling shell and using the

3.5V8 and 4 speed (LT95??) box I've got sitting rotting elsewhere to build myself a nice rorty car with all the LPG and petrol hybridisation I can do (Sill tanks, wing tanks, yada yada). The engine's going to want seriously rebuilt though.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

I used blue hylomar, I used it on the valley gasket as well though. It doesn't appear to have leaked.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

As other have noted, a smear of blue Hylomar is a good idea.

Reply to
EMB

Cheers will do. I've another V8 sat in the garage and the freshly installed one in Percy both of which I have yet to run. I'm expecting to have to inker but remain hopeful. Both were purchased as a package along with a mountain od spares including heads SD1 heads. Both lumps are SD1. Sadly I think the one in Percy has got to come out as I suspect the chassis is now a lost cause... been too long since I looked and don't particularly want to look just yet as it's way down my wish list :0(

He will be rebuilt one day!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D