Transfer Box Whine

I have a whining noise from the transfer box at around 30 -35 mph.in a '95 Disco. Has anyone used any of the additives Wynnes or Molyslip to quieten a similar noise? How successful was it?

Dodge

Reply to
Dodge

Don't think I would in a Disco, anything that "improves" the viscosity may result in less oil being thrown into the right places. The tx boxes have been known to fail, possibly due to extended driving on road in diff lock. Mine's been a bit noisy for years. Make sure the oil is fresh and forget it. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB