Has anyone on here used these?

While surfing the net for recovery deals I found this

Does anyone know anything about them, as it looks like it may be a solution for owners of older vehicles. Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes

A chap on one of my mailing lists is insured with Roadsure military insurance for classics, it's costing him £90 per year fully comprehensive for a £10,000 vehicle. I don't know the URLs or any other details on the deal though, I'll be looking into it myself tomorrow.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

0845 408 0016

You get the 'discounted deal' only if a member of a recognised club.

Reply to
Mother

The difference between the members and non-members was relatively small but had other advantages. If you are a club member you get cheaper rates, unlimited mileage and three named drivers, clubs have to be one of MVT (Military Vehicle Trust) or IMPS

£10,000 insured value One SP30 in 2002 No recent claims

Without club £172.46 (4,500 mile limit, one named driver) with club £123.95 Excess £50 Breakdown cover adds about £50 for vehicles up to 7 tonnes.

NFU equivalent £450!

So do you or anyone else have any opinions on which of the above two clubs is the most worth joining?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Either - although out of interest, if/when you call them back can you ask whether the 101 forward Control Club is on their 'list' of recognised clubs? (I'm not suggesting you join - but I'd be interested to see what they say).

Reply to
Mother

When I asked which clubs were valid, he said only two, and named them, so I suspect not, should they be?

I'll ask if it doesn't slip my memory (like most things do).

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

The underwriter has said 'yes', but Roadsure do occasionally deny this unless pressed.

If you could - actually - since writing the above I gave them a quick call and they said "any 4x4 club". Thought that was odd, so I called again and was told, as you were MVT or IMPS. Hmm...

Reply to
Mother