Heater panel lights P38

Each of the buttons on the heater control panel had an orange confirmatory light when pressed. (heated windows/seats/air flow direction etc) none of these lights now work for some reason (although the functions still work). Anyone know what the cure is?

David

Reply to
David Haggas

The unit has a backlight kind of thing, take it out, easy job, replace the bulb.

Reply to
Nige

Thanks Nige, originally I was told it needed a new panel. The bulb for the green display (where the temperature figures are displayed) has already been changed then all the little orange ones failed.

David

Reply to
David Haggas

Just had a look at

All the bulbs are working OK on my panel. It is the "button LED's" (the orange ones) that have all stopped working. New panel required?

Reply to
David Haggas

If they all stopped working at the same time, I'd be prodding round the power feed area with my multimeter. A bad solder joint would be my guess.

Reply to
John Williamson

Thanks John. I'll investigate.

Reply to
David Haggas

Or a broken earth terminal.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If it is the bulbs that have gone, I found replacements at

It is a bit of a trawl through the site menus, but you are looking for 'ear of wheat' bulbs.

Hope that helps. Davy M.

Reply to
DavyMurray