Disco TD5 oil in looms woes

Poor old 2001 TD5 disco started running on only four cylinders - chugging away but no clouds of smoke - sure enough the injector loom is leaking oil, and it's got as far as the ECU connector.

What should I be expecting to pay for the looms, and what sort of time to fit?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I believe it is an inexpensive fix, circa =A345 for the loom and a couple of hours labour

See here for a how to;

Andy

Reply to
Cookie

The rocker cover gasket, if you replace it, is at least another £20.

If you want to avoid going into this area again consider whether it might not be worth replacing the injector O-rings at the same time. They don't last forever and can leave you dead at the roadside when they start to allow leakage (initially cool down and restart will work but eventually ....). The first sign of trouble is a hestitation immediately after the engine first fires from a cold start which gradually gets worse.

Reply to
Dougal

immediately

Local independent did it for me - the injector loom was a goner and the main engine loom was pouring with oil, so he changed both. Injector loom was relatively cheap but the main one was pricey - came to £323 including 3 hrs labour

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

New injector looms have to be sealed before they're installed, otherwise =

it will all happen again. Hope he did that for you.

Reply to
CraigB