hee hee I saw it on fleabay

I do enjoy the occasional ebayer who having posted a 'bargain' which he finds entirely acceptable is then pursued by folk who reckon he is having a punt and make offers they feel acceptable much to the chagrin of the seller plus silly suggestions .The seller who now reckons watchers (many of whom want to see how it goes out of idle curiosity at the spectacle ) are just day dreamers I'm about to join the number I do want to buy another RRC but not this one at that price . This is his 3rd listing I wonder why? . Item # 290120577291

Derek

Kato 200TDi Disco

Reply to
Derek

that isnt too bad a price is it? judging from the similar stuff i can find on there.. he might get that or close too if he did it as an auction. like 220112713889 which is currently going for £2100, which appears to be the same thing but an SE with leather.

Reply to
Tom Woods

In news:qCT5i.2797$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net, Derek wittered on forthwith;

Looks like a nice RRC that, but not as perfect as he's making out. Things like the drinks holder screwed to the door panel would irritate me.

The second one looks very nice indeed.

Reply to
Pete M

I think you're right having the start price and buy it now as the same is not likely to tempt never can tell though. Trouble is there are a lot of gassed RRC's about and many are fetching far less for one reason or another I stupidly missed out on a leather and electrics Vogue SE for £800, the cracked pipe can't be a unique selling point and a bitch to do without a ramp even tho Richard does them at a very reasonable price guy it may yet sell. I am biting my lip and not bidding on #290119437931 if it was a deal closer I would be round like a shot leather seats or not. Derek

200Tdi Disco 'Kato'
Reply to
Derek

Derek a écrit :

Don't know about the price, but (having tried to remove the smell/hairs before) the best way to put me off any vehicle is to photograph it with two dogs in the back!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Quite, even more so when the description says it doesn't smell of dog. All that means is that the seller has a sense od smell as good as mine, which is basically non-existant...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I bought a Granada estate one summer which had the rear loading space covered in dog hair from a St Bernard, but no smell. It was thoroughly cleaned before collection and there was no problem. Until winter. Then it got damp and oozed dog vapour.

Mike E.

Reply to
MJ

Get some "Simple Solution" from a Pet store, mix with 50% water and put into a spray and spray the affected parts well wiping down if it's plastic etc. Let dry and smell will be gone. Magic stuff and good for spot cleaning of carpets too when you walk in something from outside!

Reply to
Bob Hobden

A friend of mine got a bargain Volvo estate some years back thuswise:

The car stank of dogs and all the rear seats and carpeting were covered in hairs. It had sat on the dealer's forecourt for some while, and despite condition (good nick, low mileage) had had no offers.

Dave bought it, and several rolls of parcel tape. He paid his two youngsters per yard of hairy tape removed from the car. When they'd got to the stage of being unable to collect any more hairs, he had the interior valeted (steam cleaned), et voila: no more dog smell.

He told me he used to be friendly with a used car dealer in Florida (when he was a teenager), who'd shown him the trick - according to this chap you can't get rid of the smell completely until the hairs are gone, and a vacuum won't do it.

HTH - but you need willing kids and suitable contempt for EU child employment regulations.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig