HID xenon conversion kits

On or around Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:42:52 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

yeah, well, this is where it gets tricky. While hunting through email for what transpired to be a well out of date registration code I found a letter from Mr. Hughes, he of hughesguides, who commented on the enormous amount of legislation and the impossibility of inlcuding it all, and that's before you start on the EU stuff.

recent UK legislation is published on the internet, but as ever, *finding* the bit you want it the tricky bit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:42:52 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

RVLR is online here:

searching on opsi (and they missed a trick, it could have been called oopsi..) for [road vehicles lighting] finds 382 hits... I bet somewhere in all that is reference to HID headlamps.

I find, in 2005, it's now legal to have flashing front or rear position lights on a pedal cycle.

searching for HID lamps got no hits.

searching for self-levelling got one:

Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:09:30 +0000, nemo2 enlightened us thusly:

I believe they're the equivalent of the philips vision plus.

I've an idea that Ring are marketing some "60% brighter" ones which are doubtless the same as well but with hype applied to the packets. They're a bit cheaper.

The ones to avoid like the plague are the blue ones, which have to be 100W to make enough light thanks to heavy filtration.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I knew there was a site somewhere with all the Acts, SIs etc on. Nice obvious name... Of course the government don't actually want the public to be able to see the legislation easily and quickly, we might actually find out what a load of tosh most of it is.

Good, flashing lights catch your eye much better than steady. Though I think there should be a steady front light as well, in areas with out street lighting.

Wrong search term...

I've just put in "high intensity discharge" and found amongst items relating to high speed railways, Export of Goods Control Orders and Fireworks found that "gas discharge headlamp system" in relation to Motor Cycle SVAs.

"gas discharge headlamp system" brings up 3 hits, none of which are useful in this context. One is a cross reference to ECE regulations, the other two relate to Motor Cycles. Fiddling with those words to broaden the search might be fruitful.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:05:31 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

quite likely, I wasn't being that thorough.

the cross-ref or ECE is probably the one you want - I daresay it's a European reg. but finding them is even harder than finding ours.

Reply to
Austin Shackles