Will a LT230q transfer case fit a 94 Disco?

I'm looking to replace my noisy LT230t case with a LT230q and I wanted to know if any modifications are needed to replace a t-case with a q-case or will it just go in? Thanks.

Reply to
eric

All the LT230's are interchangeable, but ratio's differ.

Have a look at:

for the Defender ones - Discovery's may have a another ratio - which is not on the site yet, but if you post the serial number I can look it up.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I don't know where to get the serial from. The t-case is coming from a discoII.

Reply to
eric

On or around Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:46:25 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

ISTR there are 2 defender ratios and the discos are higher than either.

early 110 diesels are the lowest ratio, about 1.6, then there are ones about

1.4 from later defenders and possibly early V8 discos[1], and 1.192 ish for diesel discos and 5-spped raniges.

according to HBOL the 3-speed auto rangie has 1.003:1.

then there are a raft of aftermarket ratios as well.

[1] the ratios in my '92 disco 3.5 were definitely lower than in the '95 TDi.
Reply to
Austin Shackles