Home made snorkel

See my home made snorkel at

. Great greenlaning inDerbyshire! The second shot is taken just before the centre of the river,which comes over the bonnet. Third picture was taken just before opening thedoors and lettign the fish out!!! Stew.

Reply to
90ninety

Before anyone says anything- Yes I did forget to close the air vents. No suprising ly only my feet got wet! BTW the snorkel is made from 68mm Marley PVC domestic rainwater pipe with flexible hose under the bonnet that I use for work.

Stew.

Reply to
90ninety

Looks very similar to what I want to achieve except I want it to enter the top of the wing right by the bulkhead. I've been struccling to find any flexable pipe suitable for part of it. The best I have found so far is white flexable ducting as used to vent tumble dryers, I really need something black and tougher, any thoughts on what such a pipe may be commercially used for?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Stew, I can't quite see why you use the bonnet for work 8-)

"the bonnet that I use for work"

All the best

Ron Beckett Emu Plains, Australia

1995 P38A Range Rover HSE 4.6 Litre V8

"90n> BTW the snorkel is made from 68mm Marley PVC domestic rainwater pipe with

Reply to
The Becketts

U know wot I mean. I was going for sentiment and content not literacy accuracy!

cheers Stew.

Reply to
90ninety

Under bonnet pic's? Cappy

Reply to
Caploc

Okay, I've added under bonnet pics. As you can see I avoided cutting the heater intake and grill to shreds. If I ever remove or change the snorkel then a new chequerplate wing top will hide any damage!!! I had to remove the original air filter housing bracket and move the housing further towards the radiator. It now sits on the chassis and is held in place by a quick-release strap. The bottom of the air filter housing is sealed but has a small manual drain tap for any condensate that settles at the bottom. Had to use a longer breather hose to the oil filler cap. All joint and screws are sealed with silicone sealant just in case!

Stew.

Reply to
90ninety

Will the rubber drain thing on the bottom of the filter housing not keep water out if submurged? Also did you so anything to seal the two halves of the filter housing together? I thought about duct taping it.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Ive just joined EMORC myself. I wish theyd do something with the website. Its needs to be much improved. Theyres loads of people who go greenlaning but ive no idea who they are or when they go. Could use some forums or something to arrange greenlanes, or even a better events calender or even a list of all members with their contact emails and photos of vehicles etc.

Jason Hall

Reply to
Jason Hall

Totally agree re:EMORC website. I may have some spare time in a month or so. I may volunteer my services.

Reply to
90ninety

BTW a lot of people who attend EMORC events are not members (my membership has expired). Of the 5 or six people I know who go greenlaning on a regular basis, only 1 is a member but all of them attend EMORC events now and then.

Stew

Reply to
90ninety