How long an 88?

Hi all, I wanted to know how long an 88 series is in order to transport two, end to end so looked up the Repair Op Manual....

88 Station Wagon is 142.56in. long 88 is 142.567in. long...where from the extra 0.007in?
Reply to
Stuart

Extra coat of paint on the rear front bumper? ;-)

Reply to
John Williamson

Drat, I meant the *front* front bumper....

Reply to
John Williamson

I'm actually surprised that landrovers engineers even had the nerve to publish those figures when they only worked to a factory tolerance of plus or minus 1/4 of an inch on the chassis dimensions!!! lol Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I don't know about recent landies, but for sure anything older does not seem to fit exact dimensions.

I have a 109 but when I tried to buy chequerplate for the sills it did not fit, it was a whole inch out. I have just replaced the top half of the drivers door. Was that an easy exact fit? NO.

I don't think any two are exactly alike.

Reply to
Larry

Larry uttered summat worrerz funny about:

If you Left click in the bottom corner you can resize the 109 to fit the new window. Once it's fitted and merged as one then Click in the corner again and resize it back accordingly. It's not too difficult once you get your head around it.

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I preferred the original. Just that little bit surreal.

Reply to
Rich B

Its an average ? Of their entire production.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor