How to install a new radio?

I want to install a new stereo into my 1996 Range Rover. I can't seem to find anything that will fit it in the Crutchfield catalog, so I assume that there must be some sort of adapter available or something. Can anyone offer me some advice in this matter?

Thanks so much.

Mark Heller snipped-for-privacy@flash.net

Reply to
Mark Heller

hi

Halfords might be worth a try they have many adapters for stereo systems K

Reply to
Kay Mawby

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:26:09 +0100, "Kay Mawby" made me spill my meths by writing:

Another place to try might be a Charlie Browns. I bought a CD/MP3 player that needed an ISO harness. Nope, didn't know what it was either but the lads I spoke to were happy enough to explain, and sell to me :)

MP3 player was a Goodmans £99.99 one from Argos if anyones interested. Works well, sometimes has to recover itself over bumps as a CD player but the MP3 side of it is much more stable, I'm guessing that's down to the way it reads the files.

All the best

Reply to
Wayne Davies

Mark Heller wrote in news:BB6D903B.4EB9% snipped-for-privacy@flash.net:

RR radio is a standard DIN size unit, but with 'special' flanges on the front face to fir the dash panel. Your new radio will slide straight in and a trip to Halfords will get you some little plastic filler flates to cover the gap either side of the radio (normally covered by the flanges on the RR radio). Cost a few pounds only.

Reply to
Paul Gardner