Dread LAnd Rover on Ebay

Not the only one left in existence, of course, but still an unusual Land Rover.

I think somebody in this NG should buy it... Any offers?

Reply to
David French

It's not what it appears, or is claimed to be... :-(

Reply to
Mother

Hit me with your rhyhm stick, hit me, hit me...

A very strange wagon

Reply to
Me

If it were restored it would look like....

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Definitely NOT the only one in existence , an friend of mine who is now living in France has 2 of them ( don't you just hate some people )

Reply to
Smurf

Why??

Reply to
SimonJ

why not? :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Twas Tue, 18 May 2004 01:28:04 +0100 when "Lee_D" put finger to keyboard producing:

i thought they were yellow and black (saw 2 of them last week as it happens).

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

The Citicab was, yes...

Reply to
Mother

Snota Dread, itsa hacked up mocka, possibly based upon a Dread, and may once have been a Dread, but certainly isn't now...

No Dread, as made, was street legal, the cab's been raised, windscreen too big and lots of other little givaways...

Still nice, though, if you like that kind of thing.

Reply to
Mother

Camper? in a Dread? I take i he's only 3 feet tall, then?

Reply to
Mother

Looks very close to the original though. Admittedly the original was impossible to see out of, and that lighting configuration was completely daft.

Can't deny I'm tempted, but I can't afford it, and I have much larger issues in life to be starting on a thing like that.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I guess making the cab larger (and as a consequence, screen bigger) is a superb idea - at least if you like avoiding street furniture, but it's now well out of proportion and looks something like you'd see the local teen-wankers driving on a Friday night...

Well, I guess I'd just hope that those 'larger issues' eventually become 'smaller', or at least, 'less pressing', and that you get all 5 (or is it 6?) numbers in the Lottery - as I'd quite like to see what you'd do with it :-)

I'd just paint it purple... imagine that!

Reply to
Mother

I'm not rising to that feed line....

Yeah you would.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Notwithstanding having been in one of those - la belle chance: un tout ronde bon ouef!

Reply to
pl.white

Wheelbase does not look right. Still, am tempted to put a fiver on it ....

Reply to
pl.white

I'm assuming its only gonna be for Show purposes.

He took one to the "War and Peace" show a few years ago, and I drove it round the camp sites for about half an hour, (bloody hard work), left hand drive, manual 'box, and ZERO visibility, tho I think I have my photo taken more in that half hour than in the rest of my live in total.

Reply to
Smurf

Ah, a dolls house 101 - kinda sweek I guess...

And how long did it take you to get the crick out of your neck? :-)

Reply to
Mother