Insurance - £452

WTF!!!

I cant afford that.

Its on a limited classic policy with a massive excess...

Anyone got any ideas what i can do?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Shop around is what I do every year, there's no loyalty service with any of them now and every year there's new restrictions and/or endorsements and alterations to cover added to the policy. This is supposed to be a renewal??? Bollocks!

Martin

Reply to
Oily

I am with NFU and really rate them for service and price.

Other option is

or similar comparison sites, no good if your truck is modded though.

Reply to
Andy

Wake up Mark, yer a nipper when it coem to insurance.

tell 'em to FRO & die, then shop around my tall friend.

Reply to
Nige

read here:

Crikey - what counts as a mod these days?

Reply to
William Tasso

Try somewhere else.! Just to annoy you - I'm only 18 months older than you and I insure my

101 with all mods declared (engine replaced with larger v8!, camper conversion, etc) for under =A3250, and IIRC my series 2A costs just over =A3100. I like this place -
Tom Woods

Try somewhere else.! Just to annoy you - I'm only 18 months older than you and I insure my

101 with all mods declared (engine replaced with larger v8!, camper conversion, etc) for under £250, and IIRC my series 2A costs just over £100. I like this place -
Just to upset you all I insure my hybrid, okay its a its limited to 5000 miles a year on a classic policy with NFU. Just renewed last month for £57.64p. That's for a coil sprung V8 Rag top Lightweight. 100% legit with pictures and full spec sent to the underwriters. As for mods, the whole thing is a mod:-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

How old are you? (to nearest 5 years will suffice ;) )

Reply to
Tom Woods

Here's where we find he's 110 years old and lives in an iron lung and is insured as sole driver!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Wed, 16 Jul 2008 23:10:22 +0100, "Andy" enlightened us thusly:

I'll second NFU. very good a LRs and suchlike.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Oddly having named low risk drivers, even if they don't drive can I'm assured bring your premiums down... go figure!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Right, in that case, I name The Pope as a low-risk named driver!

Mind you he might be a demon behind the wheel, perhaps I should check first.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

50... Swmbo is named on the policy. Just naming her on my sons policy brought his down by £110! She never drives his.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Thats about the cheapest age isnt it? Does it start going up again after 50 ? ;)

Mark is only 26 IIRC which definately makes a difference. I'm 28 now and have been noticing that every year past 25 it has dropped by a fairly large amount! Ive had the same car for quite a while now. When i was 24 it cost around =A3850 to insure 3rd party. It is circa =A3200 fully comp now!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Ring up NFU and Carole Nash.

Reply to
William Black

I've just joined them for the first time - should have done so years ago. I'm £180 better off - although thanks to Gordon and Alastair it doesn't feel it!

Reply to
Dougal

I pay less than £100 annually for my S3 with limited mileage: This was probably the easiest ever online quote as well.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

From 452 with 350 excess

395 with 200 excess with Flux

slightly better.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Can't agree with it being easy, many, many overcomplicated questions, how many of you remember when your spouse attained their full licence? I'm not so sure about mine let alone hers. Oh yes and in the application process it neglects to tell you if you're from Northern Ireland, procreate elsewhere!

Reply to
GbH

That's an occupation these days?

go figure.