Just a kid!

Hi,

I've often wondered if any other 90/110 drivers do the pointless, childish things I find myself doing whilst driving such as:-

1 You know when you're driving into the sun and the reflected sunbeam off your flat windscreen strikes a reflective road sign in the distance. Do you, like me, actively look for those signs to get lit up and try to guess at what distance your "windscreen beam" is effective?

2 When it's raining, there's that one driving speed at which the water on your bonnet is building up due to the air speed holding the water back from running off the front of the bonnet. Do you find yourself trying to amass as much water on the front as possible before you have to slow down and let that small lake hit the air current at the front edge of the bonnet and have it all thrown back at the screen?

Am I alone?

Oh well, simple things for simple minds, eh!

Neil :o)

Neil

I think its bloody great , also it does get me wondering whether any on-coming traffic is blinded for miles on end by this 'star wars' like beam.

Nah....I never slow down to let the lake drain...far more fun to let it try and build up as much as possible till the next set of lights and then let it cascade like a waterfall :o)

Here's one as well you might be familiar with , that when driving at night the inside of the cabin becomes a virtual hall of mirrors from your centre mirror to the back window , things appearing from all angles reflected here there and everywhere.

Probably a hell of a lot more as well.....

Cheers

Rossi.

Reply to
GloballyRelaxed (Glenn)

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Neil at snipped-for-privacy@thisaddy.com wrote on 9/20/05 12:43 AM:

Nope.

What about parking your mud covered Landrover next to the brightest ,cleanest softroader in the car park, or better still,parking it between two chav cars and then climing out the back , standing back and watching the dozy buggers trying to get in.

Reply to
Rory Manton

then go and start it with the crank handle. thats always a good one!

Sam.

Reply to
Samuel

The signs have a covering that only reflects the light directly back to where it came from so others won't see it.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Yes, but the beam, as well as hitting signs, can also hit people... thus blinding them. Last trip we did (to sunny south of France), my kids kept saying "Dad, why do you have your lights on?".

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

As a former Rangie owner I can confirm you are not alone. Peggy used to accumulate a couple of gallons on the bonnet a lowish speeds the bonnet shape being ideal and the front edge of the lake would spray off cleaning the screen underbreaking the whole lot was dumped make note slow down past cyclists. My big weakness was rocking at traffic lights, wind the windows down and blip the throttle to enjoy the music of the V8. Pity I have a scooby estate now which has a horrible engine note more like a punk band. Derek

Reply to
Derek

The surface is highly reflective - it's rather like a mirror flashing in the sun. People would just see a quick flash, if they noticed it at all, just like the sun glinting off a window.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

my chosen route to the local supermarked was down an often flooded and always very muddy (surfaced) backroad. I would often park-up next to the mercedes, rav4, chavmobiles with masses of mud dripping off-all-sides of the 110. And the looks I got as I wiped the lights, numberplates and rear window before heading home again, much puzzlement, and I live in the countryside where muddy land rovers are common.

-- Mark.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

My WRX sounds very nice indeed,what scooby you got?

Nige

Reply to
/\/ / & E

Just the cooking Legacy 16v 1.8 GL Wagon when its cold it sounds a lot like a beetle due in part to about 50kgs of stainless steel heatshields the last one I had I removed quite a lot of it to stop the rattles god knows if I find the right Rangie I will sell it with no regrets not a bad bus tho and it pulls a trailer like it isnt there Derek

Reply to
Derek

All boxer type engines do make a rough as shit sounding clatter at cold, soon warm up though!

Some cracking RRC's on eBay at giveaway prices right now.

Gonna bag me an LSE soon enough to tow the caravan to Wales in October!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

On or around Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:36:31 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

they all sound like VW beetles, 'a on account of the flat-4 engine configuration.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:00:42 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

RRCs and discos are defineitly a buyer's market these days, 'specailly V8s.

hmmm, that's a point, i was gonna case the joint for 2.9 grannys to get an engine and box for the minibus...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Well, I must admit to getting pleasure out of creating huge splashes when driving through puddles on my country routes. Kinda like a grownup version of splashing through puddles in your wellies when much younger.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I really fancy an original Audi Quattro Turbo, rare as hens teeth in good nick!!

Cracking article in this months practical classics about the AQT, shame some of the other mags (like LRO) don't go into as much detail.

Nige

-- Subaru WRX Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson) WTB a clean RRC pref 3.9 or LSE 4.2

'"gimme the f*ckin' money"

Reply to
Nige

splashing through puddles can loose its appeal after you do it in a series 2 and forget to close the top bulkhead vents first..

Fortunately my sister who was in the passenger seat took the worst of the puddle full of cow piss :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Worse hitting deep water on green lane in Wales (Series IIA) forgetting that the hasty clutch replacement ment no time to bolt the floor plates back down! forced slow down due to feet pushed off pedals as the floor rose & sludge hit the roof!

Jon

Reply to
Jon

I did a massive pool of cow piss and s**te a few years back, unknown exactly what it was at the time. Smealt real nice on the sound proofing of the engine bay (V8 Rangie) for months. Ended up spraying it with a garden sprayer with water and bleech sevral times to make the car less repulsive.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Heh, I did it with the windscreen folded down once - won't make that mistake again.

Alex

Reply to
Alex