key fob batteries

just been having problems with my disco not unlocking. the fob had a new battery in it about 2 months ago, put a new battery in it and it seems ok. surely the battery would not have packed up after 2 months? just measured it on dvm it reads 2.94v.

paul.

Reply to
Paul

Shouldn't have died, but open circuit volts should be much closer to 3v than that. Put some load on it, then measure it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Crikey 0.06v not close enough? B-)

Aye, measure with the button pressed if you can. It could simply be a bit of corrosion on the contacts, make sure they are clean, give 'em s scrape or a protective wax film on the battery, rub with a bit of cloth.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

its looking more like the alarm ecu loosing the key code. brand new battery was working fine last night and opened the car this morning, tried locking it tonight and nothing. took battery out of fob re synchronised fob and it works again. got two fobs and it does it with both. found a place that does new ecu's around £100 bit dear but at least i will be able to lock and unlock it.

paul.

Reply to
Paul

That does indicate that fobs aren't a fault. Before I spent =A3100 on a =

new ecu I think I'd reseat all the connectors on the old one first. Too many of these damn computers talk to other ones and if they don't get the proper response go off in a sulk.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That does indicate that fobs aren't a fault. Before I spent £100 on a new ecu I think I'd reseat all the connectors on the old one first. Too many of these damn computers talk to other ones and if they don't get the proper response go off in a sulk.

Reply to
Paul