Land Rover: Poor Quality & Worse Than Daewoo?

No chance. Rolls v8's don't go for that sort of money, something to do with them being unburstable.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Didn't stop the water pump on mine depositing the entire contents of the cooling system across some of Suffolk's finest tarmac a few weeks back :-(

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Total crap. I can burst, or bust any engine given time ;-)

Reply to
Mother

Hmm. I know for a fact that the later 6.75 Twin turbo was regularly bench tested during development at full throttle for 24hrs continuous running. Somewhere I have a picture of it, the exhaust manifold is glowing white hot......

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Is that all?

I used to dream of having a cool manifold like that...

Actually, I'll let Mr D take over from there - he's got white hot nuts to go with it :-)

Reply to
Mother

Indeed and they are well matched to the knuckles too :-)

Bench testing any engine is hardly realistic compared to the stop start thrash maul and grind that they get .... and thats only fitting the b45**rd. ;-)

I've just retumed home in my pocket rocket from a noon shift, It was parked in a yard full of some of the fastest Saloon cars which lucky me gets to drive very hard and to the limits and each time I fire him up I know he's the one that I'd rather be sat in. The others have there moments but none deliver the same grin factor.

Oh how I giggle as my IIa leaves the supposed sports cars at the lights (at least up to the local speed restictions 30 , 40 , 50 ...... ) ...but we don't do bends curves or such like ( I can be realistic too!). Now as Tom will evidence the exhaust note for something so short (about 5 ft of system including the downpipes) is sweet. But apply the throttle and it's like TVR on a mission. In fact the only true sound I can liken it to it that of the flying bombs of world war II...lets hope thats where the comparison stops.

All that fun and I still haven't got it running perfect yet (Freebie Carbs - used to be Efi).

Percy has alot more planned for him once the youngest starts school ( 2 years - I've learned my lesson! read the diary

by which time Morph should be mostly to my liking)

Power Steering, Parabolics Front Discs (Stage 1 drums are good but I have haveing to adjust them drums so often)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D