Licence to kill?

On another group, someone was asking about these sites.

Am I right to be alarmed?

Reply to
Bill

Drive down the M40 mate and wonder how many of the foreign registered trucks are driven by the unqualified. Come to that how many BMW's? Derek

Reply to
Derek

My gut reation is what a load of tosh!

Funny mind.

Probably true! LOL!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Fri, 2 May 2008 19:18:33 +0100, Bill enlightened us thusly:

If it becomes well-known, you can bet the loophole will be plugged.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there is a loophole though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Looking at the countries they claim to operate the scheme through, they're mostly the newcomers who've not fully integrated yet, but whose licences have to be recognised by other EU members.

The website does say something to the effect of do it now, while you still can.

Hopefully it'll soon be blocked.

Reply to
John Williamson

It doesnt surprise me that this kind of thing works. driving licenses have always been transferable between some countries.

I had a mate at uni who was from hong kong and had lost his license (for some very excessive speeding i think!). He got a UK one and could use that to be given one back again at home with no hassle.

Though he had to do the uk test first, i assume this thing works on the same kind of principle, using license application in EU countries where it is less hassle and then getting a uk one.

Reply to
Tom Woods