listing to port

Hallo everybody. I had new rear springs fitted to my series 3 SWB last week. Things were OK at first, but the vehicle is now leaning to the nearside. Having 3 heavy blokes hanging onto the offside cures the problem but is not really a viable long-term solution. Anyone got any ideas?

TIA,

Dave

1983 Series 3 petrol SWB
Reply to
David Bexhall

Find some flat ground... undo the shackle bolts... leave it overnight after a good rocking about.. come out next morning... retighten shackle bolts of now cured landrover.

Worked on My IIa fine and several others on the group have had a similar experiences.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

changed my springs a couple of weeks ago, saturday tea time i just finished and there was a deffinate list to port,

funny, but when i crawled past it at 2.30 in the morning i couldnt see the bloody thing, it was all wishey washey and wouldnt stop still long enough for me to see.

all was well a day or so later. but the landy still leaned.

Andy

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Andy

You just need your liquid level topping up again!!

Peter

____________________________________________________________________________ ___

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Peter Seddon

Just a thought - did you put them on the correct sides of the vehicle. Offside (Driver's) should have more leaves than the passenger side. If they are on the correct way round then I'd agree with loosening of the shackles for a wee while and giving it a good rock about.

It'll always lean a bit though.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Warner

I changed my springs (all four) late last year and had a similar problem. My S3 109 appeared to have a softer/weaker spring on the drivers side rear.

Tried the shackle trick, but no luck. After a couple of weeks of messing about I took Sandie to the shop the springs came from and the guy suggested that the front springs where on the wrong sides. He didn't check the part numbers, just examined them by eye. So I apologised for wasting his time and went home to check the parts book. According to the parts book every thing was correct, but I swapped them around anyway and she has been level ever since.

Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)

Gain some weight so that you balance it out? :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Thanks, Lee, I'll give it a try at the weekend.

Dave

Reply to
David Bexhall

Thanks Martin. I'm going to try the shackle trick first and hope that works.

Reply to
David Bexhall