listing to port

Hi

Well, I tried the trick of loosening the shackle bolts. They undid easily, first time this has ever happened with any bolts on this vehicle, but of course they are new. Rocked the vehicle about, left it overnight---but no joy. Just so I can check that the 2 new springs on the rear haven't been put on the wrong sides, does anyone know the correct part numbers (or where to find this info)? The driver's side spring has the number 517588, and the passenger's is 517589.

Thanks for any info

Dave

1983 Series 3 SWB petrol
Reply to
David Bexhall
517589 = passengers 517588 = drivers
Reply to
Alan Brown

On or around Fri, 30 Apr 2004 20:10:29 +0100, "David Bexhall" enlightened us thusly:

swap 'em over anyhow, is my advice. The manufacturing tolerance are such that there's no guarantee it'll sit level anyway.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Count the number of leaves!! The drivers side has about two more. Really easy!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Warner