locking fuel cap early 90 D

I tried to get a locking cap for my early 90 D,but it seems it is a larger cap than the later ones. Does a locking cap exist for this type or is it a hasp and staple bodge job or a filler neck from a later one?

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

.....is it a hasp and staple bodge

Yes. There is actually a hasp available that fits over the ears - same as for the series. Or you can fit a later filler neck. JD

Reply to
JD

mines just a big round cap with nowt on top juat a small vent hole, so a hasp and staple would be a real bodge.

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

Have you tried getting the locking cap kit from LR Parts? They could still be available. The locking hasp has to be pop riveted on to the body IIRC.

Huw

Reply to
Huw